We invite you to join the Ash Wednesday Back that Ash up contest!
It’s about finding an interesting backdrop (location), and YOU so proudly displaying your Ashes on your foreheads!
Although Lent is a solemn and reflective season in our Liturgical year, we here at PiousPosers think that even the best Lenten practices are better when shared with friends. What better way to begin Lent than to get out into our communities and show our ash around!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Find a Catholic church with an Ash Wednesday Mass happening.
- Go to said Mass and receive your ashes.
- Resist removing your ashes
- Get out and find an interesting place to “Back that ASH up”.
- Take a picture with you and your ashes in front of an interesting background, and send it to us!
(Some ideas could be: inside a fast food restaurant, a hockey rink, etc.)
6. Enter and try to WIN!!
HOW TO ENTER:
You have until Midnight (pacific time) on THURSDAY Feb. 14th to enter.
You may be thinking: What do I win?!
Well, as the winner of the first ever Back That Ash Up contest, you will receive:
- The awesome feeling of sharing your faith!!
- By witnessing the cool practice we observe on Ash Wednesday of receiving burned palms in the form of ashes on our foreheads, we receive a great and humbling reminder that without God – we are simply dust.
- AND A YOUCAT!!!!!!
- As well as other amazing Lenten devotional resources that will be mailed to you stat when you win!
How can you NOT enter??
Free resources to help you get more out of lent + opportunities to share your faith + the cool feeling of having your picture chosen = AWESOME!
If you are asking yourself, “okay, Ash Wednesday – got it… but what happens after??“
… How about joining us in observing the Lenten Gratitude Challenge? You can find it HERE.
Good luck to all who enter!
Keep the faith Posers!